Topics discussed in EU-25 Watch, No. 3 / July 2006
· Period of reflection
· Costs and benefits of EU membership
· Leadership in the EU
· Discourses of interest in other EU or neighbouring countriesThe Lisbon process
· Developments in the Western Balkans and enlargement of the EU
· Middle East and energy policy of the EU
· Upcoming events and issues
This survey was conducted on the basis of a questionnaire that has been elaborated in February 2006 by all participating institutes. Most reports were delivered by May 2006.
The Institute for European Politics (IEP) in Berlin coordinates and edits EU-27 Watch. The IEP is grateful to the Otto Wolff-Foundation, Cologne, for supporting the IEP’s research activities in the field of “Enlargement and neighbourhood policy of the EU” and thus for contributing to this project.
EU-27 Watch No. 3 is part of EU-CONSENT, a network of excellence for joint research and teaching comprising more than 50 research institutes that addresses questions of the mutual reinforcing effects of deepening and widening of the EU. EU-CONSENT is supported by the European Union’s 6th Framework Programme.