Topics discussed in EU-25/27 Watch, No. 4 / January 2007
· Expectations for the German EU Presidency
· Elements for the Berlin declaration
· Scenarios for future negotiations of the Constitutional Treaty
· Absorption capacity
· European energy policy
· Justice and Home Affairs/European immigration policy
· Lebanon/Middle East
· Russia and the European Neighbourhood Policy
· Current/Upcoming events and issues
EU-25/27 Watch in the media:
Article about the current issue, published by the German daily “Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung”.
This survey was conducted on the basis of a questionnaire that has been elaborated in April 2007 by all participating institutes. Most of the 28 reports were delivered by mid-July 2007.
The Institute for European Politics (IEP) in Berlin coordinates and edits EU-27 Watch. The IEP is grateful to the Otto Wolff-Foundation, Cologne, for supporting the IEP’s research activities in the field of “Enlargement and neighbourhood policy of the EU” and thus for contributing to this project.
EU-27 Watch No. 4 is part of EU-CONSENT, a network of excellence for joint research and teaching comprising more than 50 research institutes that addresses questions of the mutual reinforcing effects of deepening and widening of the EU. EU-CONSENT is supported by the European Union’s 6th Framework Programme.