Topics discussed in EU-25/27 Watch, No. 5 / September 2007
· The future of Europe at the end of the German presidency
· Climate change and the EU’s energy policy
· Security culture in member states and implications for European foreign and security policy
· Unemployment, labour markets and the future of the welfare states in the EU
· Other current issues of high salience in the member states
This survey was conducted on the basis of a questionnaire that has been elaborated in April 2007 by all participating institutes. Most of the 28 reports were delivered by mid-July 2007.
The Institute for European Politics (IEP) in Berlin coordinates and edits EU-27 Watch. The IEP is grateful to the Otto Wolff-Foundation, Cologne, for supporting the IEP’s research activities in the field of “Enlargement and neighbourhood policy of the EU” and thus for contributing to this project.
EU-27 Watch No. 5 is part of EU-CONSENT, a network of excellence for joint research and teaching comprising more than 50 research institutes that addresses questions of the mutual reinforcing effects of deepening and widening of the EU. EU-CONSENT is supported by the European Union’s 6th Framework Programme.