Topics discussed in EU-27 Watch, No. 6 / March 2008
· The future of Europe at the end of the Portuguese Presidency
· Western Balkans and Enlargement agenda
· The European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP) and Russia
· Ongoing consultation on the budget review
· Other current issues of high salience in the member states
This survey was conducted on the basis of a questionnaire that has been elaborated in November 2007 by all participating institutes. Most of the 28 reports were delivered at the beginning of February 2008.
The Institute for European Politics (IEP) in Berlin coordinates and edits EU-27 Watch. The IEP is grateful to the Otto Wolff-Foundation, Cologne, for supporting the IEP’s research activities in the field of “Enlargement and neighbourhood policy of the EU” and thus for contributing to this project.
EU-27 Watch No. 6 is part of EU-CONSENT, a network of excellence for joint research and teaching comprising more than 50 research institutes that addresses questions of the mutual reinforcing effects of deepening and widening of the EU. EU-CONSENT is supported by the European Union’s 6th Framework Programme.